Traveling to a new destination is directly linked with a wide range of positive emotions, including excitement, enthusiasm, and joy. It is always a good idea to create a to-do list beforehand to ensure that you thoroughly explore the city, its culture, landmarks, and other must-see spots.
Here are some of the best scientific spots in San Francisco serving educational as well as entertaining purposes.
The Golden Gate Park is among the top playgrounds in San Francisco, covering over 1,000 acres of land. Comprising a wide array of attractions and gardens, the Golden Gate Park grants visitors an opportunity to attend special events, take Segway, Electric Scooter, and Biking tours, arrange wedding ceremonies, and many more.
The park is a perfect spot to entertain not only the elderly but also kids and teenagers. There are several facilities on the territory of the Golden Gate Park that offer access to various scientific exhibitions and programs, exploring the entire world.
Some of the spectacular places are listed below:
California Academy of Sciences is a unique place, which incorporates land, space, and water in one facility. It serves as a natural history museum and is considered as one of the most innovative and eco-friendly museums in the entire world.
There are several locations at the museum that are especially exciting for the kids – planetary, aquatic and historical specimens, and exhibitions displaying harmonious connections between earth, space, and the oceans.
The following are some of the things you must try out while being there:
- Visit and explore the rainforests of the world – Costa Rica, Borneo, and Madagascar
- Visit the Discovery Tidepool and learn more about hermit crabs, sea stars, and other exciting creatures.
- Check out the stars in the Planetarium through a 180-degree screen equipped by a digital projection system.
- Go to the Naturalist Center, which offers exciting and innovative exhibits along with lectures and educational programs.
- Traverse the Swamp and learn more about subtropical fish, turtles, and the rare white alligator.
- Plan your overnight stay at the Academy of Sciences and enjoy unforgettable sleepovers.
Another great facility at the Golden Gate Park is the Aquarium offering unforgettable moments. You can view sharks, stingrays, an African penguin colony, and many more.
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Celsius and Beyond is a unique organization that offers all-year-round weekly camps for kids. Through hands-on science programs, Celsius and Beyond provides fun activities allowing kids to learn more about various scientific fields in a pleasing way. Kids are granted an opportunity to play and learn while exploring engrossing topics and concepts. It is a perfect spot for kids who either love science or do not fully understand scientific ideas yet. Your kids will definitely enjoy the trip to San Francisco and leave the city with a rush of excitement after visiting Celsius and Beyond.