All NYC Tours
See Tour PreviewNo Badge
Private 8 Reviews
NYC in a Day Walking Tour
$74 per adult
Local expertsPersonal stories and insider travel tips
Top ratedThousands of reviews averaging 4.9 stars
Worry-free bookingFlexible scheduling and refunds
- Immerse yourself in New York history with our expert guides as you travel the city by foot, bus, and ferry.
- See for miles from the 360-degree One World Observatory with our optional upgrade.
- Travel like a local while you view and explore some of the city’s most iconic features
- Times Square The entertainment hub of Midtown Manhattan
- Broadway Theater District In the footsteps of legends like Ethel Barrymore and Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Rockefeller Center Home to shopping, dining, and beautiful art deco architecture
- Saint Patrick's Cathedral The largest Gothic Catholic cathedral in the country
- New York Public Library An NYC institution viewed from our route
- Chrysler Building A glimpse of the building that was briefly the world’s tallest
- Grand Central Terminal Including the unusual Whispering Corners
- New York City Subway Where you’ll learn how to travel like a real New Yorker
- Charging Bull Statue A bronze sculpture that symbolizes American commerce
- Alexander Hamilton Custom House A Beaux-Arts landmark built in the early 20th century to collect duties
- Canyon of Heroes The ticker-tape parade route starting in Battery Park
- Brooklyn Bridge New York’s most famous bridge, seen from our route
- Staten Island Ferry For views of the Statue of Liberty and the NYC skyline
- Trinity Church Where Alexander Hamilton and other famous New Yorkers lie buried
- 9/11 Memorial A peaceful plaza featuring the largest man-made waterfalls in the country
- Wall Street Symbolic center of American finance with a stunning view of the New York Stock Exchange
- Federal Hall Where Washington was inaugurated
- One World Observatory The 360-degree observation deck of the One World Trade Center, available with an optional upgrade
All our tours are led by locals. Meet a few of our NYC experts who will make your tour come alive with personal stories and insider tips.
Your guide. Your group. Your time.Book this tour as Private
Plan Your Trip
Bring a MetroCard.
Since we’ll be traveling by public transit for part of the way, you’ll need a MetroCard with at least $5.50 on it. We recommend you buy your MetroCard in advance, but our guide can help you with your purchase during the tour.
Arrive 15 minutes early to the check-in point.
The tour starts promptly, and you may not be able to catch up if you arrive late.
Tour runs rain or shine.
This tour happens in all weather, so please dress accordingly and check the local forecast. In rare instances where we have to cancel for extreme weather conditions, you'll be allowed to reschedule for another time (if available) or be issued a refund.
Is this tour on a bus or car?
No way! To have an authentic, immersive experience of New York City, we travel like New Yorkers. We would never recommend our family or friends take a car or bus to see NYC. You don’t want to spend your trip caught in traffic. We’ll travel by foot, subway, public bus, and ferry, so we can see more and do more.
Will the whole tour be on foot?
The majority of the day will be on foot since this is a walking tour. However, at some points in the tour you will travel by public bus, subway, and ferry. This tour includes several miles of walking at a moderate pace. If mobility is an issue, please arrange for a private tour.
What is the One World Observatory?
The Observatory at the One World Trade Center Tower (also known as Freedom Tower) is a panoramic observation deck and a marvel of engineering and architecture. The program begins in the lobby with "Voices," a film dedicated to the men and women of the World Trade Towers and the new One World Trade Center. You will then take the Sky Pod elevator up 1,250 feet, first to the 102nd floor with the See Forever Theater and then to the 100th floor for the observation deck. The One World Observatory includes LED displays, touch-screen videos, dining, and views across Manhattan.
What do we do about lunch?
There will be a stop for you to purchase lunch. Depending on the guide, options include the Dining Concourse at Grand Central Terminal, Stone Street in the Financial District, or the new Eataly in Downtown. There are options for most dietary restrictions.
Does the tour include the 9/11 Museum or the Statue of Liberty?
Due to time restraints, we won’t visit the 9/11 Museum or Liberty Island. The tour does visit the 911 Memorial and World Trade Center sites where your guide will share the history and stories of 9/11. We will also take the Staten Island Ferry to get a closer look at Lady Liberty and enjoy views of the skyline and Brooklyn Bridge.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
We understand plans change. We offer a 100% refund up to 24 hours prior to your tour start time for this tour. We also offer rescheduling to another date the tour is running at no extra cost if you’re unable to make this tour. Please keep in mind there are no refunds available if you have already rescheduled your tour.
What is the policy on gratuities?
Tips are always appreciated by our guides but never expected. They should be given if you believe your guide did an outstanding job and if you personally want to demonstrate your appreciation to the guide.