Sr. Operations Manager
Reporting to the CEO, ExperienceFirst, the Operations Manager will define and oversee implementation of all activities related to the customer experience including customer service, ticket purchasing, and tracking, inside sales, and hiring, training, managing tour guides, tour concierge and operation staff. You would create policies, processes, and tools to continue to scale our operations globally. Currently, we have approximately a dozen team members in Operations predominately in NYC.
The work environment is a small, fast-paced environment. We are driven by ideas and encourage experimentation. We are looking for a doer as well as a strategic thinker. This is a great opportunity for those who want to work in a growing business with growth potential.
- Manage all hiring in conjunction with Human Resources and General Managers where applicable.
- Setting training standards, materials and updates at general company and tour/market specific levels.
- Manages tour guide handbook.
- Creates quality control mechanism to measure and monitor each guide, including, but not limited to, adherence to physical appearance, courteous treatment of guests, solutions for frequent on site issues (location mgmt/access issues, guest ticket issues, late guest arrivals) “Secret shopper” program, etc.
- Establish procedures to monitor and measure availability metrics.
- Establish and implement process for guide scheduling rationale, frequency and “guaranteed” schedules.
- Collaborate with Management on new tour rationale and best practices.
- Establishing process to incorporate new technology for enhanced tour experiences.
- Mange utilization of tour guides as content providers to support marketing initiatives.
- Ensure all our guide licenses are up to date.
- Ensuring tour content/scripts are up to date and relevant.
- Manage tour guide trainers.
- Annual reviews and bi-annual dialogues, along with performance improvement plans.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and apply where applicable.
- Conduct market research and competitor analysis in conjunction with area managers and executive team.
- Travel to industry trade shows as required and applicable to stay abreast of the industry trends at large.
- Conflict management and resolution.
- Oversee consumer reviews and identify strengths and weaknesses and adjust accordingly.
- Ensure professionalism with guests and colleagues.
To be successful you need to be:
- Able to embrace change and lead improvement.
- Demonstrate strong quantitative and technical ability in past experience.
- Develop and refine processes to allow operations to handle increasing volume efficiently.
- Have an analytical and process-driven mentality and attention to detail.
- Goal-oriented and entrepreneurial mindset, coupled with a willingness to learn.
- Comfortable with technology to specify software requirements for new tool development or adoption to automate workflow.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to changes in consumer behavior and the tourism market.
- Great oral and written communicator.
- 5+ years in an operations role with increasing responsibility and leadership.
- Have shown a successful track record of managing a large or growing organization.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum.
- Available to travel as needed.
Our office is conveniently located in the Financial District/Downtown Manhattan, across from Fulton Center subway hub. Casual attire. This can be a remote position if you are able to overcome the challenges of managing remotely. Competitive Compensation.