Operations & Customer Service Associate
Are you looking for a job with growth potential and the ability to make a positive impact? We have both.
As a fast-growing company, we have opportunities for people who demonstrate leadership and competency to grow into more senior roles. Currently, our General Managers of Paris, Rome, Barcelona, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Dallas all started out as either entry-level operations staff or tour guides.
We aim to delight our customers every day and to build tours with a positive community impact. The smiles of appreciation, positive reviews, and industry accolades energize us to keep striving for our mission to create a better tour experience.
Our culture is one of exceeding expectations for our customers and our employees. We try to be better by working hard, smart, and innovating through experimentation. Do you have ideas? We have a large platform to try them out.
About the job
ExperienceFirst is an award-winning, sector-leading tour company based in fabulous Manhattan and we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join our team! We have a great full-time opportunity for the position of Operations & Customer Service Associate. We offer a fun, friendly & high-energy yet casual work environment.
Note that the salary allotted for this role is set at $20 per hour
The position will require you to:
- Answer phone, email, & website chat inquiries about tours.
- Book potential customers on tours.
- Help customers with existing bookings.
- Help guests catch up to their tour.
- Assist guides in the field.
- Liaise with management, tour guides, and guests.
- Enter and analyze data.
- As needed, provide reconciliation reports.
- At times, be outside at meeting locations to check guests into the tour and provide tickets to guests as they check in.
- Be available on weekends and holidays since those are our busiest days.
- Be fully vaccinated.
To be effective you’ll need to:
- Have a positive & friendly attitude.
- Be extremely detail-oriented (we’re not kidding).
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Understand and love New York City and tourism
- Multi-task across different devices and platforms.
- Be able to meet deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize in a deadline-driven environment.
- Be fully computer literate and proficient in Google applications (Word, Excel, Calendar)
- Be able to accurately follow processes and procedures on a daily basis.
- Be fluent in English (additional languages are a bonus…Spanish is a jackpot!).
- Have a flexible schedule.
- Handle high-stress situations with near zen-like composure.
- As needed, be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
Our office is conveniently located in the Financial District/Downtown Manhattan, across from the Fulton Center subway hub!
Here at ExperienceFirst we believe everyone needs to be happy and successful in the role. (Life’s too short not to be happy and productive everyday.) Help us learn more about you. Please forward your resume, cover letter and take our 5-minute survey. This is not a test, it’s a survey. There are no right or wrong answers. Just be easy about it and don’t over think.
Please click here to take the survey:
Thanks for your interest in ExperienceFirst.