Chris joined LA Tour1 in September of 2017. Since then, he has been working on the Griffith Park hiking tour and our new Downtown LA Tour. Chris moved from Chicago to pursue acting after studying at DePaul, Columbia Chicago, and Second City. He’s appeared in feature films like Reparation (2015,) major commercials for brands like Kia, and short films as well. If you’d like to check out his website, here’s the link: www.christopherbwestbrook.com
1. What’s your favorite spot in Los Angeles?
My favorite spots pretty much all have to do with food and architecture. Grand Central Market never gets old to me. There’s so much great food all under one roof. Anything you want can probably be found there. Whenever my friends and I can’t decide what we want, we head to Grand Central Market.
2. What makes you a real Angeleno?
3. What are the 5 best cafés/bars/restaurants in the city?
1) Lunasia – head over to Alhambra to get some of the best dim sum in the city. Shrimp shumai the size of a fist, how could that be bad?
2) Gjelina- this swanky Venice restaurant may be known for its wait times, but if you can grab a seat at the communal tables, then do it!! This incredible Italian restaurant serves amazing pizza and small Italian plates that emulate a tapas mentality.
3) Millies Cafe – this classic Silver Lake diner never disappoints. Whether you’re recovering from the night before or just want a classic diner milkshake, Millies has what you need. Guide tip*** Get the Chicken fried chicken!
4) Blue Jam – this hip brunch spot has a few locations, but for the best experience try to visit the Melrose location. Their specialty is their flight of French toast, but I prefer the Migas!
5) Guisados – this Boyle heights taco spot specializes in a different type if taco. Guisados means “stewed” in Spanish, and that exactly what you get! Incredibly rich, slow cooked meats and sauces on top of tortillas that are made right in front of you.
4. What’s your favorite part of Guiding at LA Tour1?
Of all the tour companies I’ve worked for, LA Tour1 has the most international customers! It’s so much fun to show someone from a different part of the world what LA has to offer. And I learn something new about the world every time I get someone from the other side of it.
5. What’s your fave stop on our tours?
I love architecture! Every time we pass by the Ennis home in Los Feliz, I am astounded. The home is a massive Mayan palace that was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. It’s been used in film and television many times. In fact, if you watch Game of Thrones, you’ve already seen it! The house serves ad Daenary’s palace in Mereen.